Social Contract

Saturday, February 02, 2008

A yearbook to forget

A Yearbook to Forget

I’ve been always proud of my High school year book. Seeing the name of my school makes me smile and remember how bravely I fought with my terror teachers and deadly subjects of our curriculum and still remain cute and cheerful. Seeing these as my achievements, I never thought UP could be as hard as my high school days. The long 12 hours of school became 6 hours minus my 2 hours vacant. The setting may be greener and bigger than Taft but as I walk at the streets of UP Diliman I’m that I would be able to cross paths with at least 3 Mascians and say “Kami kami parin naman ang nandito.”


I do have a lot of guts to tell you that we have at least 100 Mascians per year level so that makes 400-500+ in UP Diliman alone. So it’s not a shock to see a Mascian walking along Acad Oval or AS. But there’s a slight difference between alumni and present Mascians, “We’re all friends here.” What does that mean? Even if you’ve never been classmates or even batch mates as long as you’re a Mascian, you’ll smile or even greet one another. So kahit na hindi kayo magkakilala basta alam mong Mascian kayo pareho eh magbabatian kayo. That is one the things I’m proud of. Mascians can never be strangers to one another. It’s quite obvious to understand why. (It’s because we have a huge school in Taft) How can we not memorize each others faces? Haha ^___^


Now back to our yearbook. I’ve met new friends in UP and soon realized they’re from our so called “rival” schools back in high school. When I hear Pisay say, “we are their rival”, I feel flattered but when it comes to other sci. hs, I feel quite annoyed. Gwahaha. Joke! But still they became my friends not knowing they’re from this school and that and saw that we do have a lot in common. We are all tired of studying and we want to feel what College is all about. They skip classes, they party and they also hang out. Not different from us, right? Actually I find most of them crazier than us. I can’t skip all my classes in one day unlike them but I’m learning, hehe. All I’m saying is that UP made my world bigger and changed most of my perspective in life.


Last week, I saw the year book of my friend who was from a Sci H.S. I was amazed because their year book was hard bound and all the pages were glossy. There were only 2 students per page and each of them has 2 pictures, a grad picture and a creative picture plus a write up describing the student. I found out that my friend made most of the write up of his batch mates. “He’s the writer of the batch.” Another friend told me. I remembered Allan when I heard that. Hehe, I told myself, if our school agreed in having another year book as what our batch proposed before, may be there’s a possibility that our year book is better than my friend’s year book. Yah, that’s jealousy. Anyway, I promised him that I’ll show my H.S. year book but after seeing his book, I changed my mind. Haha.. =)
posted by "hean" at 2/02/2008 06:19:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I woke up one morning and saw the sun shining brightly at me. See? This is life. I must learn to move on, take the risk and be happy. I turned back and saw the dark past..."Hey, Its miserable in here, do you want to come with me?"

would i dare go back?

Most of us realize that we love someone just because she/he's already gone...
that's wrong..
do learn from mistakes...

admirers & fans.. don't think this is for u..
haha =)

Name: